If you are in danger call 000

Call Mary’s House Services on 1800 002 111

Call 24hr NSW Domestic Violence Line on 1800 65 64 63

Call Lifeline on 13 11 14

Leave a legacy that makes a difference.

Including a gift in your will

Leaving a gift in your will to Mary’s House Services is a powerful way of leaving a legacy that will impact the safety and lives of women and children.

If you notify us that you have made a gift in your will, or are considering one, we can keep in touch with you about our ongoing impact and provide more tailored information to your legal advisors.

When you have decided to leave a gift in your will, a lawyer can help you update your will, make sure your loved ones are looked after according to your wishes and ensure that your gift to Mary’s House Services is clearly and accurately expressed. A lawyer can also explain the different ways to describe your gift, for example:

  • A specific gift of money or shares
  • A residual gift, being the amount remaining in your estate after other listed gifts have been made
  • A gift that is a percentage of your total estate

Frequently Asked Questions

Mary’s House Services cannot act as an executor of your will.
You can either change your will to include the new bequest or you can prepare a document called a “codicil”. A codicil amends your existing will. A lawyer can advise you on the best approach.
We encourage you to contact us so we can help you plan for a gift that matches your hopes for the future of women and children and Mary’s House Services. We would also love the opportunity to express our gratitude to you. However, it is your choice whether you tell us about your gift in will.
Yes, Mary’s House Services are registered with the Australian Charities and Not for Profits Commission and is a deductible gift recipient.
Yes. We recommend seeking financial and legal advice on the taxation implications of these gifts. For example, if you make a gift of shares to Mary’s House Services, the Capital Gains Tax would be paid by your estate.

Mary’s House services cannot give legal or financial advice. However, it is important that your wishes are clearly and accurately expressed.

If you want to make a gift for a very specific purpose only, please contact our Philanthropy Manager or CEO to discuss your gift so we can ensure that we are able to meet your expectations.

You may wish to consider the following wording and discuss this with your legal advisor:

“I give, free of all duties and taxes (insert one of the following)

the sum of $XXXXX (defined amount) OR

my entire Estate (whole of your estate) OR

XX% of my Estate (percentage of your estate) OR

XX% or proportion of the residue of my Estate (percentage of residue of your estate)

For real estate: all of my interest in my real property described as (insert legal property tenure description / title details)

For shares: my shares in (insert description of publicly listed company)

to Mary’s House Services (ABN 43 606 187 839) to be applied towards the general purposes of Mary’s House Services in accordance with the Constitutional objectives of Mary’s House Services in its absolute discretion, and I declare that the receipt of the Treasurer, Chair, CEO or other authorised officer of Mary’s House Services shall be a sufficient discharge for my Trustees.”

To make enquiries or receive assistance please contact either:

Janine Wood
Philanthropy Manager

Mary’s House Services receives less than 1% of government funding per annum, relying solely on the community for financial support.

With your help, we can empower women and their children to recover and rebuild their lives - and you will also be helping us to save lives.