There was much love and community support that enabled Mary’s House to open, and continues to keep us functioning.
A great deal of thought was put to how the house should be decorated, including the art work, acknowledging that the look and feel of the House was an important contributor to our residents feeling safe, secure and cared for.
This short film, produced by Rosalie Whitington, features artists Louise Trevitt, Yaeli Ohana and Jade Oakley who produced artwork, poems and hanging mobiles for every room of the House.
See image in larger detail
To book: https://www.trybooking.com/265770
- Tahitian black pearl, 9.5 mm set in 18K white gold – courtesy of the Costello family
- $300 travel gift voucher courtesy of Mary Rossi Travel
- Flowers of your choice to the value of $250.00 courtesy of Sweet Violets Florist, Lindfield
- Signed original photograph courtesy of Riverview’s Father Jack McLain SJ
- Zjoosh gift pack
- Facial/Body treatments to the value of $200.00 courtesy of Body by Design, Lane Cove
- Perfumes including Chloe’s Love and Calvin Klein’s Euphoria
- Yoga - Namaste at Northbridge and Riverview Boathouse vouchers
- Hand baked “Mary’s House” cake courtesy of Mary Gualtieri
- Young Man designer t-shirt pack (needs packaging)
- Pancake and party pack (needs packaging)
- Home pamper pack (needs packaging)
- Home relish hamper
- Basket of beaut books
- Selection of red wines from Angullong Vinyard, Orange, courtesy of the Crossing Family
- Floral arrangement courtesy of Spotted Orchid, Lane Cove
- Intro Fit Assessment and one personal training session, courtesy of Michelle Roseby, Pro Fitness personal training
Bruce Hambret, Anne-Marie Allgrove, David Walter, Emma Rossi and Chris Freeland
A is for Attorney
The legal profession has been supportive of Mary’s House since it’s inception, and we were delighted Mary’s House was invited to present to law firm Baker McKenzie for International Women’s Day on March 8.
Jimmia Women’s Rescue Centre with Madame Beatrice in red on the far right
To celebrate International Women’s Day on March 8, 2017, Mary’s House is sharing its beautiful friendship with a Women’s Shelter in Kenya, Africa, called the Jimmia Organization Women's Rescue Centre.
Caption: Joan Burford
Mary’s House was provided with a significant bequest in early 2017. It is unexpected and very welcome. The donor was Joan Burford, an esteemed member of the Zonta Club of Sydney North who died 25 May, 2016. Mary’s House is very grateful and thanks Joan for her kind and thoughtful act.
Donations from Sydney North Random Acts of Kindness, Mummies Paying it Forward and St Vincent de Paul help the women get established after leaving Mary’s House.
We often get asked ‘What happens to the women when they leave Mary’s House?’
Our answers vary depending on a woman’s circumstances.
One moved in with her mother, another was able to move back home. And another, perhaps the most frequent occurrence, is to move to transitional housing.
Artwork to raise awareness and funds for Mary’s House Refuge
As part of the exhibition ‘Private Matters’, artist Anne Buckingham has made 20 pairs of art inspired children’s paper thongs. The thongs are based on children’s picture books and their creation highlights the impact of domestic violence on children.
More Articles ...
- Expect Respect
- Special thanks
- Korean Australian Young Professionals' Cocktails for Charity
- Women in insurance
- White Ribbon Day
- Garden for Mary's House
- Terrey Hills Golf and Country Club Charity Golf Day
- Positively Remarkable People
- A thank you to all who have helped with Mary's House
- Fundraising by Glenwood